Return of students who hold citizenships from countries that don't belong to the European Union


Currently there is a significant number of people who are affiliated to German universities, hold non-European citizenships, and are still abroad because they were on holidays when the borders of the European Union were closed due to the Covid-19 emergency. We are aware that some GSEFM students belong to that category, and are exploring the possibility of finding support from the government to make their return possible before the general opening of the borders in a still nondetermined future. Please proceed in the following way if you want to be considered for that eventual operation:

a. Submit the required information about your localization and situation through the electronic form available on this site.

b. Send a message to[at]wiwi.uni-frankfurt[dot]de before Tuesday (14th of April), on 8:00 a.m. informing us about your intention of being included in that eventual operation, and authorizing us to share your contact data and information about your localization with the Hessian Ministry of Higher Education, Research and the Arts and other governmental agencies involved in the effort.

Please take into account that according to the regulations established by the Federal Ministry of the Interior, holders of temporary residence permits need to apply for visas again if their residence permits expire while they are out of Germany.