Applications for multiple GSEFM programs are allowed. Please send separate application packages for each program you wish to apply for (Economics, Finance, Management, Marketing, or Law and Economics).
Only applications in pdf format complying with these guidelines will be accepted. Compressed archives or file formats other than pdf cannot be processed. To send the application form, please use the "save as" button at the end of the last page of the application form. Please do not print a pdf or scan a print-out. Should you encounter difficulties sending pdf files, please contact the Office of Academic Records at gsefm.exams[at]wiwi.uni-frankfurt[dot]de, or by phone +49 69 798 33803.
Please send two files, in total not larger than five megabytes, per e-mail to gsefm.exams[at]wiwi.uni-frankfurt[dot]de:
- The application form (Filename: Lastname_Firstname_Degree_Program_form.pdf, where "Degree" is PhD or MSQ and "Program" is one of Economics, Finance, Management, or Marketing).
- Supporting documentation (Filename: Lastname_Firstname_Degree_Program_docu.pdf, where "Degree" is PhD or MSQ and "Program" is one of Economics, Finance, Management, or Marketing) in the English language in the following order:
- A cover letter including a statement as to whether financial aid is being sought.
- A one- to two-page statement of objectives describing your motivation, in particular research plans) for pursuing the chosen degree. (max. 2,000 words).
- Scans of all degree certificates and final final transcripts from universities and diploma from secondary education. If a degree certificate is not yet available, please provide:
I. the most recent transcript listing all courses and
II. a confirmation from the university's office of academic records including:
- the full name of the study program
- whether the program is conducted full time or part time and on campus or distance
- the regular time required to graduate
- a confirmation that the program is or can be completed by September 30, 2017
- current CGPA If not originally issued in German or English, please also submit an English translation from the institution issuing the certificate or a certified translator.
- APS certificate (if applicable)
In addition the following documents need to be submitted:
- TOEFL or IELTS and GRE (alternatively GMAT if applying for Finance, Management, or Marketing programs) results shall be transferred directly to GSEFM by the institution administrating the examination. GSEFM's institution code for TOEFL and GRE is "7276". A department code is not needed. GSEFM's institution codes for GMAT are "7HK-9Q-90", "7HK-9Q-96", "7HK-9Q-92", "7HK-9Q-26", 7HK-9Q-23", "7HK-9Q-97", depending on the program. If the relevant test scores are not available at the time of the application, a statement as to when the tests will be taken must be provided. Although applications may be filed prior to the availability of GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS (as applicable) test scores, the admissions committee will not be able to reach a final decision on an application until the relevant tests scores have been made available to the committee. It is thus in candidates' own interest to file their GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS (as applicable) test scores together with all other application documents by January 31 (stage one), March 31 (stage two) or July 15 (stage three). Scores cannot be accepted after July 15 under any circumstances. Test scores that are older than four years on the deadline for the stage in which the complete application is submitted (January 31, March 31 or July 15, respectively) cannot be accepted.
- Two confidential English letters of evaluation shall be sent by email by the evaluators to gsefm.exams[at]wiwi.uni-frankfurt[dot]de. Alternatively, they can be sent by mail in sealed envelopes by the evaluators or by the candidate. The letters of evaluation consist of an evaluation form and a written statement. At least one of the letters of evaluation shall be provided by an active faculty member of a university. It is advisable to submit specific letters of evaluation for each program focusing on the candidates particular strengths in the respective area.
Successful candidates will be required to present original documents or certified copies of all official documents upon admission.
No application fees are charged. Please do not send your application dossiers by post and do not send originals; they cannot be returned. Due to the high number of applications, the GSEFM is not in a position to confirm reception of applications. Unless facing an acceptance deadline from another university, please refrain from inquiries about the status of your application. All applicants will be duly informed. Applicants who do not receive an offer in the first or second stage will be re-considered in the third stage. The GSEFM cannot offer feedback on the application dossiers of candidates who did not receive admission. Re-applications from candidates who had applied in a previous academic year are allowed. Re-applications must occur in the form of complete sets of application documents and cannot refer to any of the application documents sent in a previous academic year.