The places available in the study rooms can be used by GSEFM students exclusively upon appointment. Please use the sheet available to book your place according to the rules listed above it.
The following rules are based on the hygiene regulations established by the Robert Koch Institute, the Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, and the government of Hesse. They are intended to prevent the transmission of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Please read them carefully. By using the booking system you declare yourself informed about them, and assume the obligation of following them.
I. General Rules
Persons belonging to the categories listed below are not allowed to use the study rooms or to access the House of Finance and other facilities:
a. Persons experiencing confirmed SARS-CoV-2 symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Sudden loss of taste or smell
b. Persons suffering from an acute respiratory / febrile illness.
c. Persons who have had contact with a person with confirmed SARSCoV-2 infection in the last 14 days.
d. Persons who are subject to official quarantine.
e. Persons who have an increased risk of a serious course of disease from COVID-19 (risk groups) are recommended in their own interest to avoid close contact as far as possible and not to participate in major events. For more information on these groups please visit the website of the Robert Koch Institute.
f. Persons suffering from an acute allergy, with similar symptoms to a respiratory disease, must provide proof of this. Please send a copy of your allergy passport or current medical certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to making use of the study rooms.
In order to avoid the risk of infection with the corona virus as far as possible, the following rules of conduct must be observed at Goethe University locations:
- Keep a distance (about 1.5 to 2 meters) both inside and outside the facilities.
- Observe the coughing and sneezing etiquette.
- Refrain from shaking hands and other physical contact.
- To avoid contact infections, practice good hand hygiene (wash hands with soap for at least 20 seconds). Do not touch your face.
- You must not share or pass on any objects such as pens or study materials with other students.
- You are allowed to enter the House of Finance at the earliest five minutes before the beginning of your booking, and must leave it at the latest 10 minutes after its end.
II. Behavior Inside the Study Rooms:
1. Arrive at the time of your appointment or later, not before.
2. Wear a mask until you reach your table and anytime you leave it.
3. Disinfect your hands anytime you enter the room.
4. Take one of the personal data sheets available one level below the hand sanitizer, and keep it with you until the end of your stay.
5. Use only the table reserved by you, no matter if others are free, and sit only at designated area of the table. Do not make use of lockers coat racks and similar elements.
6. Use your own markers on the whiteboard and flipcharts available. Refrain from using permanent markers on the whiteboard.
7. Ventilate the room during at least five minutes in intervals of one hour, even if the weather is cold outside.
8. Use the cleaner and paper towels provided to disinfect your table at least five minutes before the end of your booking.
9. Vacate the table on time.
10.Fulfil the data sheet and deposit it in the box located in the shelf.
11.Report to email@example.com any of the following situations:
- The person who used the table before you did not vacate it on time.
- The person who used the table before you did not disinfect it before leaving (include pictures).
- Disinfectant, paper towels or data sheets are missing.
- Damages caused by yourself or by others.
- Violations of this rules or actions that pose an objective risk for public health.
Failing to comply with these rules individually will lead to the prohibition to use the study rooms during the rest of the semester, and might lead to disciplinary and legal proceedings. Failing to comply with them collectively will lead to the closure of the study room for a period of four weeks.
Book a desk
Due to the restrictions imposed by the need to contain the expansion of the Covid-19 pandemic we can reopen only two of the four study rooms available in normal times, with a limited occupation of 16 (instead of 22) desks, to be used only individually. Given that our student population surpasses by far the number of places available, we are forced to operate within the framework set by the following considerations:
1. The study rooms are located on the backside of the first floor of the House of Finance. They will remain open 24/7. GSEFM students are allowed to use only the entrance located on the backside of the floor. Please use the stairs located on the back, left side of the building.
2. Bookings can be made for half-days, roughly divided in mornings (open start, until 12:00 p.m.) and afternoons (from 12:15 p.m., open end). That segmentation pattern allows the GSEFM to offer a total of 224 slots per week.
3. Desks might not be used without a booking, no matter if at any specific moment they appear to be free.
4. Each student can book up to three slots per week.
5. Bookings can be made each week for the following week. For practical reasons spreadsheets related to later weeks will be available in advance, but it is forbidden to use them before the aforementioned starting point. Misuse of these spreadsheets will be punished with the prohibition to use the study rooms during four weeks.
6. Each student must register their own bookings on the spreadsheets listed below, using the format "name's initial. + lastname (year of admission)". For instance: "J. Doe (2020)".
7. Given that members of the cohort 2020-2021 starting their studies under the particular conditions imposed by the Covid-19 pandemic, they will have prioritary access to the booking system. They will be allowed to make bookings from Monday of each week on, while students from older cohorts will be allowed to do it from Thursday on.
8. The spreadsheets to be used to register bookings can be editted by any person who can access them through the Intranet. It is strictly forbidden to change bookings made by other persons. Whenever the change tracking system allows the Student Services Office to establish the authorship of that kind of intervention, the persons involved will be banned from the study rooms for the rest of the semester and reprimanded officially.
9. Bookings made in violation of points 4 to 7 will be erased without prior notice by the Student Services Office.
Please remember that you can also book study places in diverse locations of the university library. Click here to access that booking system.